I promised there would be more Lottie blouses! This one is actually my third, but I still didn’t get around to taking pictures of the first one (which is still my favourite).
Except for the alterations I made to the pattern this time, there isn’t much new to say about the pattern (I wrote a review here). This blouse came together veeery quickly. I decided to skip the sleeves this time, so the actual sewing took no longer than 1.5 hours.
I made some changes to the pattern:
I lengthened the hem and made the back longer than the front. I like the length, but I will make it slightly shorter the next time I sew this version. My muslin was a tiny bit shorter than I liked it, so I added a bit more generously to the length and didn’t bother to make a second toile. For the next one I am also planning on making a smoother/curved transition between back and front, but I like to keep the high-low effect.
I used some off-white polyester fabric which I bought at Goldhawk Road during the NYLon’14 meet up. For me the fabric is just the right amount of see-through. The black fabric is also manmade, very soft and drapey and I am pretty sure it’s some sort of polyester/viscose mix. It’s from 5m of Sari fabric I got for just £6 at my local thrift store. What a steal!
I paired the blouse with a refashioned pair of shorts. These used to be long, wide Mexx trousers I got from my mum which just had a very odd, slightly too short length. As I can never find shorts which aren’t too short for my taste, I decided to use this pair, chopped the legs off right above the knee and turned the hem over twice. I sewed the hem in place by hand to keep the rolled up effect.
The trousers are made from a very nice suiting fabric (polyethene/viscose/spandex) which was great to work with. I wear them all the time now – I love those very easy and quick refashion projects. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes and a couple of stitches to make a garment loveable again.
Stay in touch!