Hi everyone! Phew, what a weekend! I not only attended the London Sewing Blogger Meet-Up on Saturday and met a few dozen lovely seamstresses, but now I’m also officially done with my master’s after handing in my last essay yesterday. (Yep I went fabric swapping instead of working on my last assignment ever and it was awesome! If you want to read about the Meet Up, lovely Claire who organised everything wrote about it on her blog!)
And by the way, I did not forget to choose some blogs for the Liebster Award nomination, I was just too busy being a student and a seamstress at the same time 🙂
Hello my lovely readers – hope you had a great week so far!
I finally had time to edit the pictures I took of #11 of my 27 Dresses Challenge! Wow, it’s 11 already and there are more lovelies lying around here waiting to be finished (I guess I have to start saving some money for the overlock sewing machine soon:) )!
Finally, here are the pictures of the jersey cardigan I made back in May/June. It’s #10 of my 27 Dresses Challenge and I made it for someone else this time!
I used the Burda pattern #109B from the May issue this year (5/2013) and it is probably the first time I managed to sew something in the same month the issue was out.
I couldn’t find the #109B pattern as download but the burdastyle.com website has the pattern for 109A for a fiver, which is basically the same pattern with short sleeves (and it suggests a button closure, the 109B pattern uses hooks):
#9 of my 27 Dresses Challenge is done and ready for a trip to the park.
I finally realised that I seem to always sew dresses that are pretty, but which I almost never wear. Furthermore they tend to take several days to make (with all my unpicking…) and this often isn’t very motivating. That’s why I decided to sew something very casual, summery and which would be easy and quick to finish.
I rummaged through all my Burdastyle magazines and found this cute pattern of a summer wrap blouse. It’s in the Burda issue 4/2013, #120A (the black one). They also have the same blouse in white, but without the shirring on the sleeves (tie blouse #120B).
May I present…Her Ugliness! Dress #8 of the 27 Dresses Challenge is all sewn up, but I’m not too happy about it. I actually considered NOT to post a picture of this tragedy, but this blog is not only about making progress in dressmaking, it’s also about making mistakes and learning from them. And this definitely was a mistake (and I’m pretty sure I learnt from making it…).
The pattern is actually pretty awesome (Burda issue 2/2013, #115) and since it was labeled “masterpiece” I had to try it (of course). It wasn’t too complicated and I love how this pattern is constructed.